Friday 3 March 2017

The NHS WM Leadership Awards A poem for my Mum by Dreadlock Alien

                                      


Hi 
On Tuesday February 28th 2017 I had the Great Honour to give the Keynote Address at the 
NHS West Midlands Leadership Academy Recognition Awards 
with Great thanks to Suzanne Harris Director of the Wm Academy and all the team for the kind invite 

The event was truly inspiring and so wonderful to hear of the dedication, passion and stories from all the nominees and winners

I was so very humbled to have had  the opportunity to attend and speak and I am so-very honoured from my heart for the standing ovation after my talk 
                                     


The event was hosted wonderfully and so beautifully by ' Dreadlock  Alien ' from the West Midlands who is a wandering wordsmith and poet, who brought together the story of the people and day 


As left the stage after my talk he stood up to introduce the next award and read out a poem he had written about my talk as I was speaking.

A poem that captured so many of the things I was trying to say.

So thank you for a wonderful day, kindness, inspiration and for the wonderful gift of a poem that this son will treasure forever 

Tommy 
                       
 
                           
  
Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...