Tuesday 23 February 2016

Guest Post -. Joan Pons Laplana writes about Raising Awareness Funds for Cavell Trust - It can happen to any of us

Hi 

This weeks guest Post is from me great friend the inspiring Joan Pons Laplana @thebestjoan 



It can happen to any of us........


We've had the biggest financial crash in history, austerity and over five years of pay stagnation for public sector have made that benevolent funds have seen a steady increase in nurses seeking financial aid and even help with basic necessities in recent years. A lot of Nurses, Midwives and HCA are only one pay cheque away from poverty.

Patient centered care is my passion but to be able to do that we need to feel supported. The patient health and well-being is influenced by the clinician well-being that is interacting with. Happy clinicians=Happy patients.

For that reason I’ve decided that I needed to do something about it. I have decided to join forces with Cavell Trust. Like Cavell Trust, I want no current or former nurse, midwife or healthcare assistant to suffer hardship. It’s a cause that is very close to my heart. 
Cavell Trust gives support to nurses, midwives and healthcare assistants (HCAs) and students who are in financial or personal hardship, often because of illness, domestic abuse, disability, working poverty and older age

The sad thing is that it can happen to any of us.

For that reason I decided to step up and help. Next 29th May I will be running the Liverpool Marathon but I will be doing it with a twist. I will be tweeting live while running and I want to invite you to run with me and be part of the Tweetathon. You can follow my progress on the day via my tweeter account @thebestjoan.

I will be tweeting a fact about Edith Cavell and the amazing work that Cavell Trust does every mile and in between I will be interacting with whoever join me virtually via tweeter. I hope to see you there cheering me on.

Meantime, please consider a donation to support nurses, midwives and HCA. Any amount of money will help someone in crisis, however small.
  • £3 - pays for a day's heating for a nurse struggling with fuel poverty
  • £8 - pays for a taxi fare to hospital for a midwife undergoing chemotherapy
  • £40 - provides winter clothing for a healthcare assistant and her child facing hardship this winter
Or simply grab your mibile phone and text “CAVE67 £3” to 70070.
Your donation can be the difference between survival and destitution for a nurse in crisis.
From the bottom of my heart, a big    
     THANK YOU
Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...