Wednesday 8 April 2015

Thank You 3 Talks - Bridlington Hull and Grimsby

                           IMG_0453
Big thanks to Penni Brown CEO and Julie Woodcock from The HICA Group www.hica-uk.com for the kind invite to give 3 talks to staff across Bridlington, Hull and Grimsby in Care Homes last week.
We had a fantastic day together meeting so many people passionate about care and we were very honoured to be part of the day.  Thank you for looking after us so well and for the kind messages from people who attended the talks.
HICA have their own initiative `SHINE` for staff to make pledges and we thank all who have made pledges and offer our support in fulfilling, a few of the team added pledges also to our make a difference campaign.
Thank you Penni, Julia and all the HICA team for a wonderful day.

My pledge is to continue to be a voice for dementia awareness and listen – Alison Gibson

I pledge to listen, support and to continue to improve our services –Jackie Bateman

I pledge to make more time to listen to others and help if I can –Emma Lane

I pledge to ensure the small things are the big things that matter.

I pledge to raise awareness of dementia, utilising Dementia Carer Voices to local small care settings in Hull and East Riding area –Rachel Owen

I pledge to acknowledge all carers as positive valuable individuals –Wanda Taylor

I pledge to smile and support everyone – Jenny

I pledge to make sure the residents I care for never lose their joy in life – Lee Wallis

I pledge to contact my friend more frequently and to listen to her and offer her my help and experience as a carers (Personal and Professional) for people with dementia – Jackie Hutchenson

I pledge to be a voice for a person who I love and care for / carers for them to be heard – Jean Ward

I pledge to keep carrying hope for families affected by dementias and to find small ways to improve the living of the people I care for everyday – Cath
j
    CCkRHQlWIAAnkjk

                   
Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...