Tuesday 1 September 2015

The Joan Whitelaw Reminiscence Room Birmingham HeartlandsHospital- #ForMum


Hi 

With great thanks to Dr Dawn Chaplin and all the wonderful team  Heartlands Hospital for the great honour and privilege in naming the  new reminiscence room in memory of my mum 

Thank  you from a son thank for the kindness and thank you for adding a wee smile to my heart 

My heart that misses my mum so  much 

Thank you for making my heart smile and for such a special day that I will never forget 

Tommy 


                       


The Joan Whitelaw Reminiscence Rooms 

In Memory of Joan Whitelaw, an Inspirational Mother
And in recognition of her Inspirational Son and Carer, Tommy Whitelaw

Caring for Carers:



To ListenTo UnderstandTo Support
Promoting Compassionate Care for all in Hospital







With the wonderful kind Dr Dawn Chaplin 



With the wonderful kind Helen Mallard 


1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 13, 2014

    Tommy you must be so proud, and your lovely wee mum would be so proud of you, you are amazing and I am wiping my eyes because I am bursting with pride for you. God bless you, love Alex @miss frilly x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...