Sunday 1 June 2014

Busy week 5 talks for Dementia Awareness week - Memories of my walkJune 6th 2011 to collect life stories

Hi 

This week is Dementia Awareness week a busy week as most are theses days.This week 3 years ago was a big week for my My campaign at the time  from my bedroom it was the week I walked round Scottish towns and cities to collect life stories 
So some very emotional memories .You can view the short film on my walk with families reading from the letters sent to me here 

This week I have talks each day starting on Monday with a talk to the City Wide Carers Action Group.  

On Tuesday I am the guest speaker at South Ayrshire Carers annual conference On wednesday  I have been invited to speak at the NHS Scotland conference at the Scottish Exhibition & conference center

Thursday I have been invited to speak at volunteers Ayrshire awards celebration Finally finishing the week  of with a both talk  at the NHSGGC podiatry seminar and a stand at the Alzheimer  Scotland annual conference 

This will be quite an emotional week for me as so many memories from my walk back in 2011 and memories of the great struggle that the walk was my way of highlighting

Missing my mum that will be the biggest struggle but then that's a struggle every week 

For The Love Of Mum



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...