Tuesday 18 March 2014

Earlier - Today speaking 1st year mental health students Glasgow CaledonianUnIversity


                                            



Hi

A big thank you to all the team at Caledonian University Andy ,Lesley Margaret and the inspiring students
for the great kindness earlier today at my talk

I have been a guest speaker a few times over the last years and always leave feeling inspired

thank you once again for the kindness  opportunity and Make a Difference pledges

we will add the pledges to our pledge site this Friday http://dementiacarervoices.wordpress.com/






Hi

With great thank you Lesly Mcnab lecturer at Caledionan University for inviting me back again this year to speak to 1st year Mental health students 

I had the great privilege last year to speak to on quote a few occasions to students across different courses and years and have made many great friends along the way 

Very proud to say I will be doing  the 2014 GCU MasterClass on April 10th 


Tank you lesley for the invite back to meet the new students 

Below are a few links to last years talks and a link for the MasterClass April 10th 

Link to MasterClass April 10th ( open to all ,free to attend ) http://tinyurl.com/orh7rgm


                                         

Some photos and a wee thank you post from last years talks 

Thank you Caledonian University Nursing & Mental health Students

As a son who cared for his mum Joan  for five years and would be awareness campaigner , I would just like to thank Caledonian university for inviting me  over the last 3 weeks to speak to the Mental Health and Nursing Students

Today was the last of the three talks, I really appreciate everyone taking the time to listen to my wee story about my mum Joan  and the life stories I have collected.

Thank you for the incredibly kind messages  I have received today and over the last few week from these inspiring students and to Andy Lowndes for being my team mate at all the talks   I wish everyone of them the best in their  journey ahead which ever field of care they work in.


Tommy









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...