Sunday 11 August 2013

Dementia My Motion Passed Glasgow City Council - after much consideration I have left working group

Hi


After much consideration , with great regret I have left the working group based on my motion passed Glasgow city council

I wish the group great success and thanks for the opportunity over the last year 


Dear Chairperson

As you know following the adoption of my motion by GCC, I was invited as a Carer to join the CPG. I have served in this capacity for a year now and  during that time have been pleased to be involved in various activities associated with the work of the Group including the making of a carer engagement film.

Having given the matter a great deal of consideration, and in the light of other commitments I feel that it is the right time to tender my resignation to the Group. May I take this opportunity to thank you for inviting my participation and to wish you well in the future.
Very kind regards
Thomas Whitelaw.
 

This motion was passed on the life stories of families who sent me letters and e mails ,our lives in our own own words I hope you can help me collect more thoughts and opinions before the next meeting to keep this a motion by people for people you can send you’re thoughts to tommy@i-woz-there.com
With thanks to all who passed this especially Cllr McDonald Cllr Flanagan Cllr Kerr and Ann Cumming from SW GLASGOW

MOTION
Council recognizes the inspirational efforts of Tommy Whitelaw in raising awareness of the issues effecting the carers and families of people suffering from Dementia through his “Tommy on Tour” campaign
Council agrees to set-up a Cross Party Working Group to engage with carers and to ensure that the services provided to carers are appropriate to the needs of the carers and those suffering from Dementia and that the Working Group’s findings be presented by Council to the Scottish Government.
Tommy
Son, awareness campaigner
#rememberjoan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...