Monday 4 March 2013

Today speaking southern General Hospital and Cardonald College





Hi

I have two talks today . In the morning  I  have been invited   to speak to social carer students at Cardonald College .This is the first  of two talks there the second is on March 11th
With thanks to lecturer Linda wright for the invite

The toughest talk of all

Later in the afternoon I will be speaking at the hospital my wee mum Joan sadly passed away .My mum was very rarely in hospital over the 5 years I cared for her ,but was in 3 times over the last 2 months of her life as her health deteriorated .Each time for a week and on the 3rd mum sadly passed away .I want to thank NHSgg&c  especially the staff nurse for inviting me to share my experiences caring for mum and the times mum was admitted .this just might be the toughest talk of all  

Thank you to all above for the invite I look forward to speaking about my magnificent mum ,dementia ,caring ,the life stories I receive and people I meet on my tour   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...