Sunday 17 March 2013

A busy week – member’s debate –SDCRN Conference

Hi
I have a busy week coming up; tomorrow I have a meeting with a great friend Caroline who has a few ideas we are going to explore .Caroline along with Irene who is my mentor and director on the dementia carer Voices project facilitated by the ALLIANCE was on a wish list of people I would like to work with as my campaign from my bedroom took its course .So I hope added to the friendship we can tick another box on my wish list made a year ago by doing something together .Irene ticked Alliance ticked Caroline ticked awareness on-going hopefully ticking more boxes over the coming months and year
On Wednesday I / we have a members debate at the Scottish Parliament based on my Tommyontour –dementia carer voices project at the ALLAINCE  .We have a stand to hand out briefings in the garden Lobby at 2pm followed by the members debate at 5 pm.More info at the bottom of the page I hope a few Msps stop by to say hello and chat about DCV ,Tommyontour and the and the thoughts of carers

On Thursday and Friday I have a stand at the SDCRN Conference in Stirling and hope if you are attending you will stop by and say hello I am also speaking at the conference on the Friday
The awareness campaign goes on you can get involved by sending thoughts or opinions to tommy@i-woz-there.com  and help us take the story of dementia and caring to the widest audience

(The ALLIANCE is pleased to announce that Dementia Carer Voices will be the subject of a Members Business debate on the 20th of March.Just after 5 pm next Wednesday, Members of the Scottish Parliament will debate Jackie Baillie MSP’s parliamentary motion which highlights the role played by those who care for the estimated 86,000 people in Scotland living with dementia, the challenges they face and the importance of supporting them by raising awareness of dementia and the carer journey. The motion welcomes the Alliance’s Dementia Carer Voices project for giving a platform to the views and experiences of carers of people with dementia across Scotland

The Dementia Carer Voices project team have produced a briefing ahead of the debate and will be available in the Garden Lobby from 2-2:30pm, to meet with MSPs and discuss the work of the project.)
The debate can be watched on the Scottish Parliament’s ‘Parliament TV’ section of its website-http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/newsandmediacentre/3168.aspx 


twitter @tommyNtour

Collecting Life Stories  ,raising awarerness
Short film shown at parliament http://tv.enterprisescreen.co.uk/watch?v=347

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...