Thursday 28 February 2013

March 12th Speaking to Nursing students (500) Caledonian University





Over the last 2 weeks I have had the privilege of speaking to 1st and 3rd year mental health students at Caledonian University and have both overwhelmed and Inspired by the response and the students kindness and passion ,.the last of this set of talks is on March 12th  to nursing students in the main lecture /theater

I look forward to the opportunity to speak as a son about life caring for my mum ,dementia, the letters I receive and people I have met on my tour  

I also want to say a massive thank you to Caledonian University,  Andy Lowndes .Lesley McNab , Margaret Caldwell .Jackie Gillespie and the amazing students for invirting and taking the time to allow a son to share his story

Thank you      


1 comment:

  1. Wow- what an opportunity for you and them. I am a second year MH student nurse, currently on placement in a dementia ward. I would love it for my university to provide something like this for us students- for me an individual with personal experience is the real expert.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...