Monday 26 November 2012

Today Meeting GCC Dementia working group then meeting Shadow Health Minister at Parliament


Hi
Well I had a good day  today ,I met with some art students to try and take forward the dementia through art project I am working on with Gartanvel hospital ,I then popped into see the lads from Enterprise Screen to discuss a new Carer engagement film we are trying to do. A film that helps bring more understanding on caring for a loved one and helps take the story of caring to a wider Audience .As with all I do my part in all the projects are on a voluntary basis and as a son
Tomorrow morning is the first meeting of the Glasgow City Council cross part dementia working group based on mu life stories and motion I had passed at Glasgow City Council back in February ,I look forward to being involved in the aims and outcomes of this group and hope to represent all who sent me life stories and who are facing the journey dementia or caring brings as best I can .After the meeting I am heading through to the Scottish Parliament to meet with Labour shadow health secretary Jackie Baillie to discuss my campaign ,awareness hopes and plans and the new project dementia carer voices that the Scottish government have Kindly helped me with some support  via the Alliance Scotland
I will update more when I return home I hope all or at least some of the projects, ideas become all I believe they can and help raise more  awareness and understanding on both dementia and caring  
Tommy   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...