Tuesday 27 November 2012

Yesterday at GCC and the Scottish Parliament

 Hi
Well I had a busy day today this morning I was at Glasgow City Chambers for the first meeting of the dementia working group based on my motion passed back in February This is a cross party group of Councilors  along myself employees from Alzheimer Scotland my dear friend John P Kelly from the north dementia forum Ann Cumming from SW Councilor Matt Kerr the social care executive at the council and some carers who are currently caring for a loved one Its early days and I showed my short film followed by a presentation on dementia by Alzheimer Scotland on dementia .Today was more of an introduction and setting of of how this group will work ..I look forward to the next meeting and getting started proper on dementia and caring

outside Glasgow  City Chambers before meeting of dementia and caring working group
I then jumped on the train to Edinburgh to meet with Labour shadow health secretary Jackie Baillie we where oined halfway through by labour Leader Johan Lamont
We discussed life caring for my mum, the life stories my campaign amongst other issues, I have been invited to speak at a fringe meeting at the party conference in April to talk about dementia and caring .we also discussed talks before then at local authorities and other events
It is my mission and passion to take the story of the letters and caring to as many people as possible and raise as much awareness as I can

At the Scottish Parliament with Labour leader Johann Lamont and Shadow Health Secretary Jackie Baillie

collecting life stories rasing awareness ,the campaign goes  on #REMEMBERJOAN

Tommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...