Wednesday 7 November 2012

off to London today to attend and shortlisted for the Roses Media Awards


Hi  
With great thanks to Independent Age and Barchester care, my wee Tommyontour campaign has been shortlisted for a roses media award for coverage of issues around dementia and /or social carer .I have to say I am very proud ,with my wee mum passing away 5 weeks ago and this campaign being started with her story and added to by so many others sharing theirs ,I feel its important to go down and represent my mum and all who have been the heart and soul of this campaign (I have not been out in years at night time never mind stayed out over night so it all a bit of nervy occasion )
Thank you

You can share you're story thoughts or opinions at tommy@i-woz-there.com

My wee mum who sadly passed away 6 weeks ago will be firmly in my heart and mind as this is her along with the families who send me life stories day and I am very proud to represent them on this special occasion


Good luck to all the others shortlisted in this and all the other categories 

 
Best coverage of issues around dementia and/or social care (Barchester special award)
Shortlist:
· BBC1: Panorama - Undercover: Elderly Care
· BBC2: Louis Theroux - Extreme Love: Dementia
· Tommy on Tour: One man's mission to raise awareness of dementia (blog)
· The Independent: Dealing with dementia: "My dad was treated like lost luggage on a carousel," by Arifa Akbar
· BBC Radio 4: Today - Adam Brimelow reports on a new approach to looking after people with severe dementia
· D4Dementia - dementia blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...