Wednesday 10 October 2012

Trying to come to terms

Trying to come to terms
Its been two and a half weeks since my wee mum passed away and the days are filled with moments and reminders that almost knock me of my feet .i have been busy working on a plan to continue and build on the dementia awarerness work I started just over a year ago and I will update more on that over the next couple of days ,I have also been a guest speaker at two events since my mums funeral and I have to say I felt  strong when doing them but my strength disappears when I l have nothing to do and time to think .its to soon to think back clearly as it all felt to hard, to difficult and I wonder how we made it sometimes .I also see and feel clearly the mistakes I made along the way and hope to find the joy at some point .was there joy I think so but time will tell me more .one thing is for sure my mum got me through the last 5 years as much as I did her and it will be my mum and her memory that get me through this and take our story and the story of so many others to a wider audience .i am off now to collect my wee mums ashes and this weekend will mix them with my dads and sprinkle them in the wind together back at the house we all shared as a family during the happiest days of our lives
Tommy

Tommy

1 comment:

  1. Mixing the ashes is a beautiful act. After my dad died, following my mom by just a year, I envisioned them reunited and restored for eternity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...