Thursday 11 October 2012

My mum always dreamed of traveling round the world but was to busy loving and caring for others, her story has and i hope she would be proud

hI
My mum always dreamed of traveling round the world but was to busy loving and caring for others, I was lucky as my job took me to many places and mum would always ask me what it like ,send me a postcard ,My mum devoted her life to her family ,friends and had her arms open to all who needed help or comfort .even as I look back against all odds with the struggles she faced with dementia I hope and feel in many ways her story travelled round the world and I hope it raised awarerness for others ,as that is the make up of my mum  .so I am grateful to all the people who picked up our story  and passed it on and continue to do so from twitter ,to Facebook to newsletters and the national and local media And people we have never met but recognized our life, so thank you all for the support and I leave you with one from the  today all the way from California and the lovely ,kind awareness raising Jennifer from Dementia today our story continues along with all the other incredible people and stories  we have got to know
I hope my mum would be proud of our wee campaign as I certainly and proud of her and the kindness and greatness of so many we Have got to know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...