Saturday 18 August 2012

weekends and weekdays ,they are all the same to us …

Hi
I was up as bright and early this morning, never really slept since mum got out of hospital as still so worried about my mum having another seizure and a kind of state of high alert at the moment .I sat on the doorstep to get a bit of fresh air to clear my head and get ready for the day  ahead.Two young lads walked past after what seemed like a good Friday night out already planning the Saturday night ahead and full of the joy of youth ,and it just made me think about how we no longer separate weekdays or weekends ,they are just days now ,We wake up today hoping we get through it the best we can ,hoping my mum is the beat and most comfortable  she can be and that I am strong enough to give her the love and care she needs and deserves.We don’t have Monday morning blues or Saturday night highs anymore we have challenges and hurdles and they all become one but we still have joy, My mum can bring the best Saturday night feeling ever with a smile or just to know she is ok, so we may not have weekdays or weekends but we have each other and most times that’s enough to get us through the day
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...