Wednesday 29 August 2012

Out for a walk together,mum and me

Out for a walk  together ...
Well we managed out for half an hour earlier today never quite sat in the park, but we made it through the pathways and back .I can’t tell you how important it felt for us both to be out together and not just me running to the shops or on my awareness campaign.  Although when I do my talks or show my film my mum is the biggest part of the day even though she is home .it was tough today and as expected exhausting for my mum and don’t know if we will be able to repeat this again, I truly don’t think so, but glad we did today, the feeling of freedom and was lovely, As a son I have to weigh up how much this Took out of my mum and if it’s the right thing to do. But we have challenged dementia for the last 5 years and we challenged it again today and won, and every day we win at this stage is a glorious feeling
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...