Friday 24 August 2012

motion Glasgow City Council, can you help

Hi  
Back in February I took letters I receive and reports to Glasgow City Council and had a cross party motion passed At the end of August /September the cross party group will start work on all below I will be taking more thoughts and opinions to represent carers and families like mine ,I hope you can help me make this all it can be my sending me any thoughts and opinions  you may have in order to help others have and get the best help available
You can e mail me direct at tommy@i-woz-there.com
Please don’t let this opportunity go to waste please get involved, if you want to know why its important come and spend a day with me after 5 years of caring for a mum suffering with dementia and me as a son suffering to witness
Your thoughts and opinions can help others,collecting life stories raising awareness Tommyontour
MOTION
Council recognizes the inspirational efforts of Tommy Whitelaw in raising awareness of the issues effecting the carers and families of people suffering from Dementia through his “Tommy on Tour” campaign  Council agrees to set-up a Cross Party Working Group to engage with carers and to ensure that the services provided to carers are appropriate to the needs of the carers and those suffering from Dementia and that the Working Group’s findings be presented by Council to the Scottish Government.
Thank you
Tommy
Son and carer for my mum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...