Sunday 26 August 2012

Dementia &Caring Trying to raise awareness in its truest form ,your words can help

Hi

For the last 5 years I have been a full time carer for my mum Joan who has vascular dementia and for the last year I have been raising awareness doing talks based on caring for my mum ,the letters and e mails people send describing their experiences, I do this without funding and in my 14 hours respite cover I get a week .This has resulted in some ,what I believe to unique opportunities to help raise awareness and bring a better understanding on how we live to decision makers ,the care sector and the wider public. I hope you can add to the hundreds of life stories I have already received to  help with some of the projects below, your thoughts and opinions can help others its not a protest ,its not a petition, its our lives in our words  

You can add you’re story by e mail at tommy@i-woz-there.com

Motion Glasgow city council

Dementia through art project

Paper on life stories with a leading university (to be published and shared)

Reports to deputy first minister every 3 months

Tour of talks AND engagement with NHS gg&c

You never know it might be your story that makes people think and bring more understanding

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...