Friday 15 June 2012

Dementia and caring through Art a place to exhibit, with thanks to Garnavel Royal Hospital

Hi
Very inspired and excited after my meeting today with Tom and Jill who have agreed to help, exhibit and supply some funding for my dementia and caring through Art idea / dream The hospital has new older persons wards and wing and we discussed and agreed on the idea of hanging art in the reception area and corridors leading to the wards Art that will inspire, comfort and tell the story of dementia and caring. This idea comes from the letters I receive and the people I meet and we are hoping to turn those thoughts and feelings into inspiring work from Art students ,families and carers This project also t forms the very  basis of this awareness campaign our lives ,thoughts and feelings in our words I HOPE IF YOU HAVE IDEAS ,OR WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT SOME WORK FOR THIS PROJECT YOU WILL GET IN TOUCH ,the hospital has its motto and theme also and I will update more on than that later ,but for the moment if you have thoughts, poems or work you would like to be considered please get in touch with me at tommy@i-woz-there.com  

I hope you can share with others and help make this happen to help comfort and inspire families who may need hospital care or are  visiting a loved one

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...