Thursday 7 June 2012

Attending Carer Engagement Event at crossroads Scotland today ,then meeting with Carer Scotland

Good Moring 

With thanks to Ann Cummings from SW Glasgow for inviting me to the Carer Engagement event  tomorrow .I have met with Ann and Stephen from Social Work Glasgow a few times lately and as a carer I am encouraged by their interest in how we live and feel The purpose of the event is to outline how  SW, NHS, carer centers and condition specific organisations in Glasgow  can work  in close partnership to design and deliver a more joined up approach to delivering services to carers across all the care groups. More importantly the meeting will provide everyone with an opportunity to discuss as to how we can all be involved in taking this agenda forward.

I believe this will be a prelude and part of the work re my motion passed at Glasgow City Council back in February

I will then be meeting with Simon from Carer Scotland to update and discuss some ideas I have on raising Awareness
Looking forward to attending

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...