Tuesday 17 April 2012

Lewy Body, Dementia with Great Respect to Norrms and Family

Hi
Well my campaign is about raising awareness on dementia AND life stories , along the way as I keep saying  I meet and hear from incredible people and their families, as you know I care full time for my mum who has Vascualr Dementia
Norrms is one of them and has kindly allowed me to read and share his journey ,below is one posting ,you can get more at the link below ,his life in his own words
Once again thank you Norrms and family

Tommy  

Time and TideAs they say, Time and Tide waits for no man, and how true is this? Thing is, unfortunately, until they find a cure, neither does Dementia of any type.
In just this last month I have had my medication upped once again , three times now in as many months (More or less) and also have had my “Crash Mat” delivered last week which now resides next to our bed to stop me hurting myself during my night terrors and falls from bed. Now, even the most optimistic person will have to admit this is not a good sign.
As I sat there last night on the edge of my bed, my feet just touching the “New Mattress” it suddenly hit me that this thing on my floor wasn’t there a few weeks ago. The amount of tablets I had just taken has almost doubled in the last few months and by powers of not so amazing deduction, this meant I had slipped into a later stage.
GOD I HATE THIS DISEASE!!
My mind wandered back to Christmas just gone, and all the hopes and dreams I had for the future, only to be smashed within three months by this GOD AWFUL ILLNESS!! It’s no use kidding myself, I am getting worse, I can’t hide it any more (And people with Dementia are very good at that!!) The evidence is here right in front of me!
I have also noticed lately that more people are asking me to repeat what I have said as they don’t quite understand me; this was also a common trait in the early stages of my illness before they gave me meds to combat it.
June Brown AKA actress “Dot Cotton “once said, Lewy Body`s is the worst disease of all , “It’s not just having it, its knowing you have it as well” and how right she was. I can see with my own eyes that things are getting worse, I can see the tears welling up sometimes in my “Angel” Elaine’s eyes as I do something yet again that is “Out of the ordinary” or I have forgotten something for the tenth time!!
MY GOD WHEN WILL THIS EVER END!!!
Where will this end? Nobody knows, when will they find a cure? Nobody knows that either, but there is one thing I do know
I AM NOT GIVING UP JUST YET!!
Just this week I launched the “GROWING MEMORIES “campaign, please contact me if you want to know more, and I also have another idea “Up my sleeve” to raise awareness which will hopefully not only help those with this awful illness but also their loved ones and carers as well. But I do need to know, if ever I am asking to much, please please tell me as I will “Reign it in a bit” as Elaine always says LOL
So, the fight goes on my friends
THANK YOU FOR YOUR NEVER ENDING SUPPORT
LOVE NORRMS AND FAMILY XXXXXXXXXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...