Saturday 31 March 2012

Thank You for the Letters, Sharing, Re -Tweets and the Support

Hi
I would just like to say a big thank you to all who have helped this wee awareness campaign, I am grateful for the help and support I receive
As a son caring full time for my mum, running a campaign from my bedroom and having only 22 hours a week to work on this campaign, the help and support I get inspires me
Thank you for sending letters, inviting me to talks, for re tweeting my thoughts, for sharing my film, for sharing my blog (a badly punctuated blog for that I apologies) for raising awareness, bust mostly thank you for caring ,thank you for caring against all odds for someone you love
But for me my biggest thanks goes to Joan Whitelaw my we mum for this is her campaign, dementia has taken many things from my mum but not the gift of helping others that’s what she gives  me the reason and strength to carry on, this is not my campaign this is our campaign this campaign is for every Joan whitelaw who suffers and for every family member who loves and cares

Thank you
,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...