Tuesday 20 March 2012

Dementia, Exhibition of Letters through Art ……………………….

Good Morning ,,,,
Thanks to all who have got in touch already to support and offer help on my idea of holding  an exhibition on the words ,feelings and thoughts within the letters I receive
There are many words and thoughts repeated within the letters and I feel having them interpreted through art will  help tell the story of living with dementia and caring for a loved one ,I hope if can get the backing, to make this a day for families to get together and learn about dementia ,along with putting in place educational and help desks for anyone concerned or needing advice ,I hope  national and local carer groups will get involved to set up stands showing the work they do along with SW and NHS
It’s a big ask at the moment but I am determined to pull this off and put on a day that inspires. And comforts families
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...