Tuesday 27 March 2012

Dementia, Caring, Letters and Life Stories

Good Morning
Well it’s a beautiful day here today in Scotland as I sit looking out the window I cant help thinking of all the little things my mum or I would have done on such a beautiful day .
The thing is we cant Dementia has changed that the weather does not determine what we do, Dementia decides everything we do living as a carer decides everything we do
Now what to do on a sunny day is way way down the list of importance in caring for my mum, its what we can’t do anymore that hurts its all the things dementia has taken away from my amazing we mum .Every day we sit I here I grow more determined to raise awareness, every cant do makes me more determined to raise awareness
As I said from day one our story alone is not enough, ALL OUR STORIES together now that just might be enough to tackle issues and bring more help, understanding and awareness
You can help you can share you’re story, you can share my blog or you can share my film below
Help me raise awareness on this tragic illness and the impact it has on families all across the world
Tommy and his wee mum Joan
life stories tommy@i-woz-there.com
Short film shown at parliament http://tv.enterprisescreen.co.uk/watch?v=347

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...