Monday 5 March 2012

City of Glasgow College Thank you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


I was a guest speaker  last week to social care students and staff at COFGC
I have been overwhelmed by the response from the students ,please see below a wee e mail sent to me and some info on all the students and staff

tommy

We all felt so privileged to have you some to the college and present such an inspirational talk. I know that everyone I spoke to was both very moved and wanting to get involved in any way that they can. We would love to continue working with you and helping in any way we can. All the students were very excited at the prospect of doing some work with you

I'm afraid I forgot to bring my camera in today to send you the photos - I'll forward them ASAP. Here's a short bit on the students who attended:

The majority of students were NQ Social Care students who are at the early stages of developing a career in social care. Most of these students hope to progress onto the HNC in Social Care and then either employment in the care sector or progressing onto further qualifications. Your talk was scheduled to coincide with the NQ Unit on Dementia Awareness. Students also attended from HNC Social Care, Media Studies and Social Sciences. All of the students (and staff) who attended were both very moved and inspired by Tommy's presentation.
Thanks again
Hope to be in touch again soon

Scott  

Scott Morrison
Curriculum Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...