Wednesday 7 December 2011

Caring At Home

The problems of caring for someone constantly shocks and astounds me
My mum was sent home from her wee day group on Monday as she has lost a bit of her mobility and balance lately
I then called yesterday to ask about today to be told they don’t have the staff or facilities to look after my mum as she is in danger of falling
So it’s back to me and my mum in the house on our own for the forcible future, 24 hours a day .
I will deal with that, I always have but it’s not good for my mum, as my mum needs and will miss the social interaction
It’s all a mess as far as I am concerned

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...