Friday 3 June 2011

Itinerary update and a bit more besides

Hi again, folks!

Just a couple of days to go and I have to tell you - I'm feeling a bit nervous! I can't wait to meet everyone and collect lots of letters. It's just that it's been a long time since I went touring and life's a lot different now than it was back then. Still, I've had so much encouragement from so many people, that I know I must be doing something right.

I seemed to be in front of a camera or behind a microphone for most of today - just hope I said all the right things. I'll be on Radio Scotland this Sunday morning at 7.05am (so set your alarm clock), talking to Sally Magnusson. Then I'll be Radio Scotland again on Monday morning for Good Morning Scotland. Then I'll be on BBC's  Reporting Scotland and STV's Scotland Today on Monday night. You'll not miss me on Monday, that's for sure!

Anyway, here's a quick update of where I'll be and what I'll be doing 6-10 June.

Monday 06/06 (my busiest day!): Glasgow, Hamilton & Motherwell
See the post below! I'm going to loads and loads of places.

Tuesday 07/06: Aberdeen
10.30am - 2pm Meeting with carers at St Mary's Cathedral drop-in dementia cafe.
Alzheimer Scotland's Memory Bus will be at the Morrisons supermarket on 215 King Street from 11am to 3pm if you want to pop in for a chat, to get some information or to hand in a letter for 'Tommy on Tour'
4pm onwards - heading through to Dundee for the big dementia lecture at Ninewells Hospital. Just sitting in the audience - not going on stage!

Wednesday 08/06: Dundee & Perth
10.30am to 12.30pm meeting with carers at Dementia Resource Centre on 9 Morgan Street. The Memory Bus will be there too.
2-4pm meeting with carers at opening of new Alzheimer Scotland service in Perth (St Paul's Centre, 14 New Row). The Memory Bus will be at the A K Bell Library just along the road.

Thursday 09/06:  Falkirk & Stenhousemuir
11am - I'll be meeting Neil Sowerby from the Falkirk and District Association for Mental Health.
3pm - Meeting with June Andrews at the Dementia Services Development Centre in Stirling
The Memory Bus will be at St Francis Xavier church in Hope Street, Falkirk, 12-4pm.
In the evening, I'm heading along to a local carers' group in Stenhousemuir.

Friday 10/06: Edinburgh
Meeting with Lothian Early Onset Support Service at Alzheimer Scotland's office in Edinburgh.

Hope the weather stays good for next week!

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...